2008-11-13

Talking about Teeth

Long time no blog. Nothing special happened though. The most exciting thing is that my tooth filling fell off, and it made me famous among all the Japanese lesson teachers - for some reason, they apparently thought it was hilarious.

We were doing another conversation challenge, and we were supposed to go to the staff room (where our conversation teacher and camera were waiting for us), and ask for information on any subject of our choice. I had completely forgotten about the assignment, just like most of my classmates, and it was dubiously fortuitous that my filling fell out a day or two before, so I went with that: "[required long preamble omitted] Do you know a good dentist?"

Well, apparently, this time my countenance was too serious for this kind of request. I'm still at a loss as to why a serious face would not be appropriate where there's talk of doctors (excepting plastic surgeons, people actually willingly go there). And other professors saw it, and now everyone is asking me about my tooth - with a giggly accompaniment. Of course, none of it is malicious, and I don't hold any of it against them, but I'm quite perplexed by the whole situation.

They even dug out a phone number for an apparently very nice and friendly clinic, but it's closed on Thursdays.

Other than that, we went to izakaya after Wednesday gaming this week, and it was nice. Ethnic and pictoresque, to quote the tourist.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I demand photos!!!

Amadan said...

Of my teeth?!?

Unknown said...

That would be nice too :D